This is also known as Management Support Services Department. It is charged with the responsibility of providing management support to all functional departments and units in their operations. It is composed of Town Clerk’s office, Information and Communication Technology, Human Resource Management unit and Records office. The Deputy Town Clerk is the Head of Administration Department.
Major activities under Admin/Town clerk’s office
- To institute and implement the municipal approved structure.
- To Network with Central Government and other development partners.
- To build capacity of staff, stakeholders through attendance to workshops, seminars and conferences.
- To provide oversight role in revenue mobilization
- To ensure departmental coordination, hold Technical Planning Committee and Program Management meetings.
- To hold national celebrations, review and entertain visitors.
- To ensure a clean working environment
- To ensure efficient communication and data security
- To equip staff with relevant laws and publications
- To strengthen records management and information flow.
- To procure and maintain office equipment
Human Resource Management roles and responsibilities
- To process, clean and update municipal pay roll.
- Conduct employee/pension verification and validation
- To effect payment of staff salaries, gratuity, retirement benefits and pension.
- To build the capacity of staff and other stake holders, in the different fields.
- To formulate Five Year Capacity Building Plan
- To appraise staff on their performance
Records Management roles and responsibilities
- To establish and maintain a sound Records Management System
- To Receive and maintain records.
- To manage internal and external correspondences